Between fruit tart, cookies and other dessert ideas, coffee cake was chosen.
The original recipe came from here.
Apricot Coffee Cake
Prep time: 40 mins
Cooking time: 1 hr
- 1 lb ripe apricots ( Make sure they smell good before you buy them), washed and quartered
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 10 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 dash of salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- Preheat the oven to 360F and grease a 9" springform cake pan.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and butter.
- Add in the sugar, mix well.
- Add in 1 egg and the milk. Mix until just combined.
- Move the batter into the pan. Spread the batter evenly in the pan.
- Arrange the apricot slices on top in a circular pattern.
- In a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients: sour cream, sugar and egg. Beat the mix with a fork and pour evenly over the cake batter.
- Bake for 40 mins or until the edge is golden and apricots are tender.
- Turn off the oven and leave the cake in the over for 10-15 mins.
** The bottom of the cake is crusty and the center is moist. The tartness and freshness of apricots work perfectly with the dense and buttery cake. Definitely worth a try!