Mushroom lovers - you must give it a try.
Quadruple Mushroom Soup
Serves 5-8 people
Prep time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
- 1/3 lb cremini mushroom (baby bella)
- 1/3 lb white mushroom
- 1/3 lb oyster mushroom
- 1 large Portobello mushroom cap
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 6 cups of Chicken or Pork stock (optional)
- Truffle oil (optional)
- Slice all the mushrooms. (Thinly slice Portobello mushroom, because its texture is firmer than the other mushrooms.)
- In a large soup pot, heat up all the mushrooms on high heat for 2 mins or till the mushrooms start to soften.
- Pour 6 cups of water or stock over mushrooms. Cook on high heat till boil, then simmer on low heat for 1 hour.
- Add salt to taste (about 2 tsp).
- In a small bowl, add 2 tbsp of cold water in the corn starch. Mix well. Slowly pour in the starch mix, and stir the soup at the same time. The soup should start to thicken.
-Turn off the heat, mixing in 1-2 drops of truffle oil.
Mixing in corn starch.
[**Pork stock recipe:
- 2 lb pork neck bones
- 2 scallions, cut in 1-inch long
- 1 piece of ginger (about 1 tbsp)
- 2 tbsp of cooking wine
- In a large stock pot, brown the bones and add water. Cook till boil, add in cooking wine and simmer for 2-3 hours.
- Chill the soup in the fridge, remove the oil on top.]
** You can make a delicious soup even if you only have white and baby bella mushrooms.