This cauliflower dish is very simple and mild in taste. It is inspired by Momofuku Ko's skate dish. They used this cauliflower/olive/water chestnut combination as the side dish. I was blown away - the crispy texture of water chestnut works perfectly with the soft and earthy taste of the cauliflower.
Cauliflower with Water Chestnut and Black Olive
Prep time 5 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
- 1/2 cauliflower
- 1 small can of sliced black olives (3 oz)
- 1 can of sliced water chestnut (8 oz)
- 1 glove garlic, minced
- Cut the cauliflower into big chunks. Boil water in a medium pot, add 1 tsp of salt. Boil cauliflower for 2 mins then wash with cold water.
- Cut the cooked cauliflower into bite-size chunks.
- In a large skillet, drizzle some olive oil. Saute the garlic for 30 seconds.
- Cook cauliflower on high heat for 1 min. Add in olives and water chestnuts.
- Add 1/2 cup of broth or water. Cook on high heat until the liquid vaporizes.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.