Raspberry Shortbread Thumbprint Cookies
Serving: 25 cookies
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 45 mins
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup raspberry jam
- In a medium bowl, soften the butter. Use a electric mixer to mix together butter with sugar until smooth.
- Mix in almond extract and flour. Gently knead the dough until it comes together.
- Roll the dough into 1 inch balls (I used a 1-tbsp measuring spoon to scoop out the dough).
- Place the on ungreased cookie sheets. Press a small hold in the center of each ball (I used the back of a 1-tsp measuring spoon to make indentation).
- Fill the hole with raspberry jam (about 1 tsp).
- Place cookie sheet in the fridge for about 20 mins. So that the jam and cookie dough have the same temperature before going in the oven.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Bake for 15-18 mins or until the edge of cookie is lightly brown.
- Cool off the cookies on a rack.