Prep time: 20 mins
Baking time: 20 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 5 tbsp of unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Sift all the dry ingredients into a large bowl: flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Cut the butter into chunks. Mix the butter into the flour with your finger. Using your finger tips to rub the butter into the flour mixture until it look like course crumbs.
- Make a well in the center and add in the heavy cream, lemon juice and lemon peel. Fold the dough.
- Gently fold the blueberries into the batter. Do not mash the blueberries.
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- On a lightly floured surface, press the dough to a log (about 12"x3"x1/4").
- Divide the dough into 4 even portions and cut each block diagonally. Don't cut through the blueberries.
- Place the scones on a ungreased cookie sheet. Bake for 20-25 mins or until golden.