I was craving for a bowl of hot and spicy Tom Yum soup today. It is so warm and comforting, perfect for a cold winter night.
Shrimp Lemon Grass Soup
Serve 2 people
Prep time 5 mins
Cooking time 10 mins
- 2 stalks of lemon grass (peel off the green part and finely slice the tender part)
- 8 raw shrimps
- 2 slices of ginger
- 2 Shitake mushroom, sliced
- 1/3 lb of watercress (you can also use bok choy or spinach)
- 1-2 green chili pepper, sliced
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tbsp of fish sauce
- 1 tsp korean chili paste
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1 tbsp chopped scallion
- Freshly squeezed lime juice (from half a lime)
- Boil 4 cups of water, add lemon grass, ginger and fish sauce. Cook till boil, add the shrimp and cook for 2 mins.
- Add in mushroom and chili paste, simmer for 3 mins.
- Add in watercress, tomatoes and chili pepper, cook on high heat for 1 min.
- Add salt and scallion, lime juice.